Who we are
Credit Benchmark is a financial data analytics company that has partnered with the world’s leading financial institutions to create the largest and most sophisticated contributed credit risk data platform in the market.
We help clients identify, quantify, and monitor credit risk across a wide array of exposures by leveraging CB’s unique and sophisticated data and analytics. The comprehensive nature of CB’s consensus ratings coverage on over 100,000 sovereigns, FIs, NBFIs, corporates and funds uniquely places CB as the leading provider of credit risk intelligence.
We have experienced significant growth over the last 12 months in the Structured Credit space, and this is fast becoming a core component of our commercial strategy. Within the Risk Transfer space, 25+ of the largest market participants in Europe and Canada leverage our data to help with assessing transactions and to manage their portfolio.
We are looking to expand on this rapid growth in the U.S. as the regulatory landscape has become more favorable for SRT and many new participants are entering the market.
We are looking for a Sales Director to join our New York Office to spearhead our go-to-market and expansion efforts in North America with a strong focus on structured credit. You will be responsible for quantifying and growing our Significant Risk Transfer segment by identifying, qualifying, developing and closing sales opportunities. The identification of networks and interlinkage between the Sell-side (which drives our dataset) and the Buy-side will be crucial for success in this role.
You will have access to a proven and effective playbook, and extensive evidence of success within this segment in Europe. In addition, you will have a strong support team comprised of highly experienced credit risk experts, quants, product specialists and technical sales engineer, to aid the sales process.
In addition to the focus on SRT, you will be able to help build other emerging segments including CLOs, direct lending, insurers / re-insurers, CVA/XVA, etc.
This is an ideal role for an experienced structured credit professional either from a banking, investor or consulting background. Crucial to this role is the ability to leverage existing long-standing relationships as entry points into viable prospective clients. Having worked in an entrepreneurial environment and / or a proven track record in selling a completely new product/data set would be highly advantageous.
We are looking for someone who will help us build a business that we believe will be the cornerstone of our commercial success, not just a salesperson looking to bring in individual deals.
The role will be based in New York with a hybrid schedule of three days in the office minimum and moderate travel.
Your responsibilities will include
- Develop a clear and executable strategy of client acquisition leveraging a segment-based approach
- Prospecting new clients with a view of building a strong and viable pipeline of new opportunities
- Clear qualification (in and out) of viable prospects and appropriate prioritization of firm resources on sales opportunities
- Navigating prospects through the sales process with the view of bringing clients on board (including negotiating commercial terms within standard pricing band tolerances)
- Become a market-visible advocate within specific client segments on the value proposition of Credit Benchmark
- Having ownership of identified and developed client segments akin to running a business
What we are looking for
Ideally you will:
- 5 to 7 years of experience within financials markets, ideally within structured credit / SRT at a bank, investor or consultant
- Have a solid understanding of financial markets; knowledge of credit risk analytics, or fixed income solutions or capital market services; and/or experience working in a top tier banking, investor or consulting firm
- Experience in interacting with specific buy-side client types (eg. Banks, Insurance, Specialist Asset Managers such as CLO, CRT, Structured Credit, Private Debt, Secondaries, etc)
- Be able to leverage existing relationships to gain entry points to prospective clients
- Having worked in an entrepreneurial environment and / or a proven track record in selling a completely new product/data set would be highly advantageous.
- Ability to generate leads and develop relationships, where none exist and follow-up effectively
- Ability to drive product development that allows effective integration into client workflow
- Understanding of recurring revenue businesses (annuity revenue model)
- Experience in leveraging market standard CRM (eg. Salesforce) will be advantageous
- Excellent networking and presentations skills (both written and spoken)
- Proactive, with an ability to work under pressure and deliver to deadlines
- Strong team player
- Fluency in other foreign languages a bonus
- Eligible to work in the U.S.
- Flexible working hours: Healthy work/life balance
- Vacation: Competitive holiday package
- Health and Wellbeing: Private medical, dental and vision cover, paid sick and bereavement leave + paid additional company-wide wellbeing days
- 401(K): Opportunity to join company 401(K) scheme
- Travel: Commuter Benefits
- Family Friendly: Supportive environment and paid leave for new parents
- Learning and Development: Professional development opportunities through seminars, conferences, training and courses and internal mentorship
- Community: Supportive, collaborative and social team environment
The base annual salary range for this position is USD 140,000 to USD 160,000.
Our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
At Credit Benchmark, we are deeply committed to diversity, equality and inclusion. This means celebrating who we are as individuals and as a team because our company and culture reflect the sum of our employees.
We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment that includes fairness, kindness, and understanding. We empower each other to bring our authentic selves to work and champion our colleagues’ development and achievements. Our diversity brings a multitude of perspectives and ideas and is imperative to the success of our business.
We are dedicated to ensuring that principles of diversity, equality and inclusion are rooted in Credit Benchmark’s DNA. We continue to build on these principles as our company grows while retaining the progress we have made as team.
Credit Benchmark is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We believe no one should be at a professional disadvantage because of their background. We do not discriminate based upon any legally protected characteristic and are committed to fostering a working culture that is free of discrimination and harassment.
Credit Benchmark is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures and employment.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please let us know by contacting our HR team at [email protected]