Who we are
Credit Benchmark is a financial data analytics company offering access to an entirely new source of information: the consensus credit risk view of the world’s leading financial institutions. These unique credit risk indicators help deliver a greater understanding of the credit quality of entities around the world.
We are growing rapidly and are looking to hire an experienced sales professional to join our London Office.
The primary function of the role will be to grow our subscription business by identifying, qualifying, developing and closing sales opportunities. Our sales team are also responsible for overseeing the commercial relationships of our existing subscription clients. The role will be supported by credit, analytical, product and technical expertise present in the organisation.
This is an ideal role for an experienced sales professional who has previously worked in a fast paced entrepreneurial environment, skilled in using own initiative to overcome ambiguity and create a structured approach to drive sales. A proven track record in selling a completely new product/data set would be advantageous.
The role will be based in London and will involve travel.
Your responsibilities will include
- Prospecting new clients and managing a pipeline of new accounts
- Negotiating commercial terms with clients
- Generating a pipeline of leads and client referrals
- Articulating value of the Credit Benchmark products within a client’s credit workflow
- Be the go to person for managing incoming queries from external parties
- Travelling domestically to meet organisational demands (once travel restrictions are lifted)
What we are looking for
Ideally you will:
- Have at least 5 years of proven new business sales experience and a successful track record as a quota carrying sales professional
- Have a solid understanding of financial markets; knowledge of credit markets and/or risk analytics, or fixed income solutions or capital market services; and/or experience working with asset managers and top tier banks
- Have the ability to generate leads and develop relationships, where none exist and follow-up effectively
- Discover use cases and position the content set by leveraging expertise from within the firm
- Have an understanding of recurring revenue businesses (new business and renewals)
- Have solid organisation skills to schedule, execute and record activities in a CRM system
- Have excellent networking and presentations skills (both written and spoken)
- Be proactive, with an ability to work under pressure and deliver to deadlines
- Enjoy a collaborative working environment and be strong team player
- Be fluent in English/ be a Native English speaker. Fluency in other foreign languages a bonus
- Be eligible to work in the UK
- Flexible working hours: Healthy work/life balance
- Working from home: Support to make your home working environment comfortable
- Holidays: Competitive holiday package
- Health and Wellbeing: Paid sick and bereavement leave and private health Insurance cover
- Pension: Opportunity to join company pension plan with financial education and support
- Travel: Cycle to work scheme
- Family Friendly: Supportive environment and paid leave for new parents
- Learning and Development: Professional development opportunities through seminars, conferences, training and courses and internal mentorship
- Community: Supportive, collaborative and social team environment
Credit Benchmark is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive fair and equal consideration for employment.