Who we are
Credit Benchmark is a financial data analytics company bringing together the credit risk assessments of the world’s leading financial institutions to deliver greater visibility into the credit quality of individual entities. We are growing rapidly and are looking for a full time Data Analyst, working within our Product team, to join our London office to help enhance the core of our business: our contributed data model.
Credit Benchmark is backed by two leading venture capital firms who share our belief that Credit Benchmark can make a significant impact within the credit risk industry and broader financial market by improving the accuracy and transparency of credit risk by leveraging bank and financial institutions’ own risk views.
This role is based in our London office, with hybrid working.
Reporting to the Content Development Manager, the ideal candidate will be a recent graduate or someone with 1-2 years’ experience, ready to start their career in the financial industry with a small Fin-tech planning for significant growth.
This is a data focused role, where you will need to be highly numerate with good knowledge of tools such as SQL, R or Python, combined with a natural curiosity allowing you to explore and analyze Credit Benchmark’s unique content set and then communicate results to broader internal or external teams.
As a member of the broader product function, you will play a leading role in building out our service, working with a busy and diverse team. You will be responsible for working with a complex and evolving data set: refining the data framework, including development of new methodologies and analytical tools, onboarding and analysis of new content sets, detailed internal and external reporting as well as working with development and technical teams to deliver against the roadmap.
Your responsibilities will include
- Working, maintaining, and enhancing the Credit Benchmark structured data set
- Ownership and development of the Credit Benchmark methodology and framework including identifying, prioritising, and delivering continuous improvements
- Quality and execution of service: Ensuring the timely delivery of Credit Benchmark services
- Partnership with external clients: Build and manage professional relationships with new and existing clients to support both initial onboarding and maximize the value that our clients receive from the Credit Benchmark offering by providing bespoke analytics
- Supporting delivery of the content roadmap alongside the development team including requirement setting, sprint planning, user acceptance testing and release management
- Develop and implement improvements to operational processes, increasing accuracy and efficiency of data processing
What we are looking for
Ideally you will:
- Have a university degree in Computer Science, Finance, Economics or similar
- Be highly numerate and confident working with large, complex data sets and associated systems
- Be able to demonstrable competency in data tools such as SQL, Python, or R
- Have an interest and knowledge in financial markets especially around credit risk
- Be able to understand technical complexity
- Have excellent administrative and project management skills
- Can manage workload priorities and effectively deliver to deadlines
- Be able to work under pressure in a professional manner
- Have a hands-on, self-starter approach and be able to work independently
- Be diligent, proactive, driven and ability to demonstrate initiative to improve existing processes
- Have excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Eligible to work in the UK
Let us know if you also have:
- Experience or knowledge of the Credit Risk industry
- Participated in managing software development lifecycle and using the Agile approach
- Flexible working hours: Healthy work/life balance
- Holidays: Competitive holiday package + companywide wellbeing days
- Health and Wellbeing: Paid sick and bereavement leave and private health Insurance cover
- Pension: Opportunity to join company pension plan with financial education and support
- Travel: Cycle to work scheme
- Family Friendly: Supportive environment and paid leave for new parents
- Learning and Development: Professional development opportunities through seminars, conferences, training and courses and internal mentorship
- Community: Supportive, collaborative, and social team environment
Our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
At Credit Benchmark, we are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. This means celebrating who we are as individuals and as a team because our company and culture reflect the sum of our employees.
We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment that includes fairness, kindness, and understanding. We empower each other to bring our authentic selves to work and champion our colleagues’ development and achievements. Our diversity brings a multitude of perspectives and ideas and is imperative to the success of our business.
We are dedicated to ensuring that principles of diversity, equity and inclusion are rooted in Credit Benchmark’s DNA. We continue to build on these principles as our company grows while retaining the progress we have made as team.
Credit Benchmark is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We believe no one should be at a professional disadvantage because of their background. We do not discriminate based upon any legally protected characteristic and are committed to fostering a working culture that is free of discrimination and harassment.
Credit Benchmark is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures and employment.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please let us know by contacting our HR team at [email protected]
Although we would like to respond to all applicants, we are only able to contact successful candidates.