Who we are
Credit Benchmark is a financial data analytics company bringing together the credit risk assessments of the world’s leading financial institutions to deliver greater visibility into the credit quality of individual entities.
We are growing rapidly and are looking for a full-time Front-End Developer to join our New York Team.
This is a great opportunity to join a fast-paced organisation that builds a unique financial data service harnessing intelligence from some of the most prominent financial institutions around the world. You will also be collaborating with different teams across the company, including product, content and wider tech/infrastructure team. This gives you a unique exposure and insight into numerous departments and areas of the business.
As a Front-End Developer, you will be part of a busy and diverse team. You will play a key part in shaping the next generation, world class CB product intended for top management for some of the largest financial institutions in the world. You will have opportunity to bring in expertise to make technical and architectural choices and make a real impact.
We are at the forefront in the front-end world and utilise the latest front-end development tools and techniques. You will be working in exciting, agile environment with a collaborative and experienced technology experts.
Your responsibilities will include
- Developing new features and components for CB product
- Maintaining and enhancing existing functionality
- Creating prototype business ideas and new functionality
- Participating in code review sessions and helping to establish and enforce coding standards
- Working closely with other front-end developers, UX and back-end developers
- Participating in decisions making on designs, UI, software architecture and technology solutions
- Working closely with the business to understand data flows relevant to business
- Building understanding of CB Data API and underlying data structures
What we are looking for
Demonstrable and extensive front-end development experience
- Emphasis on modular, component based, reusable code
- Experience with building and working with API/service-based applications
- Keen eye for details and sensibility to good design/UX practices
- Expert with React and Redux
- Exposure to ES6/7
- Exposure to TypeScript and unit testing
CSS / HTML
- Usage of CSS preprocessors
- Exposure to modular HTML/CSS methodologies (BEM)
- CSS animations
- Working with source control and CI/CD pipelines preferably (Git / TeamCity)
- Understanding of web server configuration
- Understanding of OOPS concepts
- Exposure to C# language and .NET Framework
- Ability to debug C# applications
- Ability to write T-SQL queries and understand database concepts like normalization etc.
You will also:
- Have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with good attention to detail
- Possess the ability to understand technical complexity
- Excellent administrative and project management skills
- Be able to manage workload priorities and effectively deliver to deadlines
- Have the ability to work under pressure in a professional manner
- Be a self-starter and ability to work independently
- Be diligent, proactive, with the ability to demonstrate initiative to improve existing processes
- Have excellent communication skills, both oral and written
Let us know if you also have:
- Any UI/UX experience would be very much welcome as we continually look to improve in these areas.
- Flexible working hours: Healthy work/life balance
- Holidays: Competitive holiday package
- Health and Wellbeing: Company Wellbeing Days + paid sick and bereavement leave and private health Insurance cover including mental health support
- 401(K): Opportunity to join company 401(K) plan
- Travel: Commuter benefits
- Family Friendly: Supportive environment and paid leave for new parents
- Learning and Development: Professional development opportunities through seminars, conferences, training and courses and internal mentorship
- Community: Supportive, collaborative and social team environment
Our commitment to diversity, equality, and inclusion
At Credit Benchmark, we are deeply committed to diversity, equality and inclusion. This means celebrating who we are as individuals and as a team because our company and culture reflect the sum of our employees.
We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment that includes fairness, kindness, and understanding. We empower each other to bring our authentic selves to work and champion our colleagues’ development and achievements. Our diversity brings a multitude of perspectives and ideas and is imperative to the success of our business.
We are dedicated to ensuring that principles of diversity, equality and inclusion are rooted in Credit Benchmark’s DNA. We continue to build on these principles as our company grows while retaining the progress we have made as team.
Credit Benchmark is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We believe no one should be at a professional disadvantage because of their background. We do not discriminate based upon any legally protected characteristic and are committed to fostering a working culture that is free of discrimination and harassment.
Credit Benchmark is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures and employment.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please let us know by contacting our HR team at [email protected]