Who we are:
Credit Benchmark is a financial data analytics company offering access to an entirely new source of information: the consensus credit risk view of the world’s leading banks. These unique credit risk indicators help deliver a greater understanding of the credit quality of entities around the world.
We are growing rapidly and are looking to hire an experienced SQL Server Developer to join our London Office.
Reporting into the Head of Development, we are looking for a database developer with a strong SQL Server development background. An excellent understanding of the full SQL Server suite is essential.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work and contribute to the next big phase of development at Credit Benchmark. This is a unique opportunity to work on a green field project along with enhancing and developing the existing brown field system and take it to a mature and finished product. You will be working in a fast paced agile environment with a vastly experienced technology team. You will have ownership of database solutions with potential to imprint your own ideas. You will be part of the team tasked with building our new data platform. This platform will be powering the flagship CB Connect client portal to provide powerful analytics and aggregations.
You will be working with the latest technology in SQL Server 2016 with a migration to SQL Server 2019 on the roadmap for this year. You will have the option to expand your horizons and get involved and contribute to work done across full stack and in other technologies like .Net Core / R for SQL Server / machine learning / micro services etc.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Design & Build the new data platform to power CB Connect.
- Design & Build the new SSAS Tabular solution and Power BI & integrated into CB Connect.
- Enhance existing backend data platform to deliver new business requirements.
- Enhance existing SSRS reports to business specifications.
- Enhance existing SSAS Tabular model in the backend.
- Maintaining the existing database solutions across the full Microsoft suite.
What we are looking for:
The ideal candidate would have:
- SQL Server background – ( 5+ years’ Experience)
- Essential to have strong SQL Server skills (ideally on SQL 2016+).
- Expert understanding of T-SQL, SQL Server structures / objects.
- Performance Tuning experience
- Query Optimisation
- Visual Studio
- Solid experience modeling / designing / deploying database solutions.
- Strong Understanding of SSIS concepts and flows (SQL 2012 or upwards).
- Data Modelling
- Strong Understanding of data warehousing models (Inmon and Kimball).
- Good understanding of SSRS.
- Understanding of SSAS especially of Tabular models.
- Exposure to BI solutions will be a definite advantage
- Sisense knowledge an advantage
- Previous experience in working in cloud environments is a definite plus.
- Working knowledge of Git / Jira / SQL Sentry tools.
- Secure and efficient coding practices.
- Good analytical skills.
- A good understanding of financial markets will be beneficial.
- Strong communication skills.
- Working knowledge C# will be an added advantage.
- An ability to understand front-end users requirements and a problem-solving attitude