Who we are
Credit Benchmark is a financial data analytics company, bringing together the credit risk assessments of the world’s leading financial institutions to deliver greater visibility into the credit quality of individual entities.
We are backed by leading venture capital firms and investors who share our belief that Credit Benchmark can make a significant impact within the credit risk industry and broader financial market by improving the accuracy and transparency of credit risk by leveraging bank and financial institutions’ own risk views.
We are growing rapidly and are looking for a full time Corporate Strategy Manager.
This role is based in our London office with hybrid working.
Reporting to the Chief Strategy Officer, the ideal candidate will have previous experience working with the financial services industry and have an interest in data analytics and the broader financial markets.
This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic organisation that builds a unique financial data service by harnessing intelligence from some of the most prominent financial institutions around the world.
This role is ideal for someone with a legal / investment banking / strategy consultancy background, well-rounded experience in business and finance topics, who is looking for a transition early in their career to an in-house position in a fast-growing organization. The role will help the company scale from a commercial/strategic perspective and working directly with the executive leadership team.
Your responsibilities will include
- Driving and assisting corporate strategy projects: Product and market analysis, competitor analysis, identifying and engaging in strategic partnerships
- New business research and assessment
- Identifying and evaluating critical business decisions through analysis and modelling
- Corporate finance projects: Assisting with budget and forecasts, fundraising, investor relations and stakeholder reporting
- Contract negotiations and legal/regulatory analysis: Negotiating contracts with customers and other legal and regulatory analysis
- Supporting growth initiatives, focusing on commercial activities: Sales KPI tracking and analysis, working with other functions such as Product, Marketing and Research to enhance the company’s commercial success
What we are looking for
Ideally you will
- Demonstrate interest and knowledge in financial markets
- Have a university or college degree in a relevant subject
- A post experience MBA qualification from a leading business school
- Skills in financial modelling and strong MS Excel and Powerpoint skills
- 3-5 years relevant experience in strategy / corporate finance / legal or other related roles
- Comfortable in analysing commercial proposals and legal contracts and conducting negotiations
- Have strong analytical, numerical and problem-solving skills, with good attention to detail
- Ability to think creatively and structure complex problems into manageable components
- Strong interpersonal skills and comfortable with collaborating with others in a cross functional role
- Be able to manage workload and priorities, effectively delivering to deadlines
- Punctual and proactive project management skills and experience
- Be a self-starter and have ability to work independently
- Have excellent communication skills
Let us know if you also have
- Experience in credit/counterparty risk analysis and management in a bank or financial institution
- Legal experience (as a trainee/qualified lawyer in practice or in-house)
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours: Healthy work/life balance
- Holidays: Competitive holiday package + paid companywide wellbeing days
- Health and Wellbeing: Paid sick and bereavement leave and private health Insurance cover
- Pension: Opportunity to join company pension plan with financial education and support
- Travel: Cycle to work scheme
- Family Friendly: Supportive environment and paid leave for new parents
- Learning and Development: Professional development opportunities through seminars, conferences, training and courses and internal mentorship
- Community: Supportive, collaborative, and social team environment
Our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
At Credit Benchmark, we are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. This means celebrating who we are as individuals and as a team because our company and culture reflect the sum of our employees.
We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment that includes fairness, kindness, and understanding. We empower each other to bring our authentic selves to work and champion our colleagues’ development and achievements. Our diversity brings a multitude of perspectives and ideas and is imperative to the success of our business.
We are dedicated to ensuring that principles of diversity, equity and inclusion are rooted in Credit Benchmark’s DNA. We continue to build on these principles as our company grows while retaining the progress we have made as team.
Credit Benchmark is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We believe no one should be at a professional disadvantage because of their background. We do not discriminate based upon any legally protected characteristic and are committed to fostering a working culture that is free of discrimination and harassment.
Credit Benchmark is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures and employment.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please let us know by contacting our HR team at [email protected]
Although we would like to respond to all applicants, we are only able to contact successful candidates.