Who we are
Credit Benchmark (“CB”) is a financial data analytics company that has partnered with the world’s leading financial institutions to create the largest and most sophisticated contributed credit risk data platform in the market.
We help clients identify, quantify, and monitor credit risk across a wide array of exposures by leveraging CB’s unique and sophisticated data and analytics. The comprehensive nature of CB’s consensus ratings coverage on over 100,000 sovereigns, FIs, NBFIs, corporates and funds uniquely places CB as the leading provider of credit risk intelligence.
We are growing rapidly and are looking to hire an experienced Account Director (AD) to join our New York Office.
The primary focus of this role will be to identify functional areas within our customers across North America where we can expand and further embed our credit risk data and analytical tools. Clients range from large Tier 1 GSIBs, regional banks, large sophisticated institutional investors, insurance / re-insurance firms, hedge funds, pension funds and a growing number of structured credit market participants.
A key success factor for this role is the ability to manage large and complex client relationships and to ensure appropriate account planning, product positioning, use case development and commercial execution in order to leverage our existing client base as a key source of commercial success.
The AD will be a senior member of the Commercial Team and report directly to the Head of Commercial.
This is an ideal role for someone with several years of account management experience dealing extensively with large, complex and sophisticated clients.
We offer an exciting, collaborative environment with opportunities for tremendous growth. The role will be based in New York with a hybrid schedule of three days in the office minimum. and moderate travel.
Your responsibilities will include
- Manage the retention, expansion, profitability, success and customer satisfaction of strategic client relationships
- Build, expand, and manage critical relationships at senior executive levels throughout the organization
- Prospecting for growth opportunities at existing clients aligned to proven use cases
- Collaborating with various teams at Credit Benchmark to successfully execute strategic goals
- Negotiating commercial and contract terms
- Developing an understanding of the user landscape and articulating use cases across clients
- Develop and own key KPIs for measurement of customer success and identification of at risk accounts
- Implement key account strategies to maximise the commercial potential in the short, medium and long term
- Direct management responsibilities of a junior account manager with scope to expand over time
- Tracking product usage and implementing a strategy to increase product utilization and further embed content delivery
- Acting as the firm’s primary arbiter for all client related issues
What we are looking for
Ideally you will:
- Have a minimum of 5 years experience account managing large, complex and sophisticated clients
- Thorough knowledge and experience of best practices for account management – including account planning, expansion strategies, commercialization of adjacent opportunities, at risk account identification and remediation, key KPIs supporting account management activities, organizational mapping, etc
- Knowledge of credit risk workflow and challenges, and experience with credit risk data / solutions (desirable)
- Be as strong team player with a consultative approach to help drive revenue growth, close new deals, and originating opportunities for new solutions based on client needs
- Have a broad understanding of capital markets across the buy and sell sides and ability to develop knowledge across areas including securities lending / prime brokerage, capital & risk management, sales & trading, structured credit and debt capital markets.
- Strong client management skills with a customer-centric attitude, excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Have the strong motivation and flexibility required to function in a start-up environment
- Have a self-starter, proactive approach, with an ability to work under pressure and deliver to deadlines
- Be eligible to work in the U.S.
- Holidays: Competitive holiday package + companywide wellbeing days
- Health and Wellbeing: Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance cover, paid sick and bereavement leave
- 401(K) Plan: Opportunity to join company 401(K) plan with financial education and support
- Travel: Commuter Benefits
- Family Friendly: Supportive environment and paid leave for new parents
- Learning and Development: Professional development opportunities through seminars, conferences, training and courses and internal mentorship
- Community: Supportive, collaborative, and social team environment
Base Salary for this role is $120-$140K per annum dependent on skillset and experience + generous Incentive Compensation scheme
Our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
At Credit Benchmark, we are deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. This means celebrating who we are as individuals and as a team because our company and culture reflect the sum of our employees.
We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment that includes fairness, kindness, and understanding. We empower each other to bring our authentic selves to work and champion our colleagues’ development and achievements. Our diversity brings a multitude of perspectives and ideas and is imperative to the success of our business.
We are dedicated to ensuring that principles of diversity, equality and inclusion are rooted in Credit Benchmark’s DNA. We continue to build on these principles as our company grows while retaining the progress we have made as team.
Credit Benchmark is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We believe no one should be at a professional disadvantage because of their background. We do not discriminate based upon any legally protected characteristic and are committed to fostering a working culture that is free of discrimination and harassment.
Credit Benchmark is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures and employment.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please let us know by contacting our HR team at [email protected]