Who we are
Credit Benchmark is a financial data analytics company that has partnered with the world’s leading financial institutions to create the largest and most sophisticated contributed credit risk data platform in the market.
Our goal is to help a broad set of market participants leverage our unparalleled and unique dataset and analytics to manage their counterparty risk and capital more effectively and efficiently.
We are growing rapidly and are looking to hire an experienced Technical Sales Engineer to join us in New York.
This exciting new role will be a core part of our existing eight-person commercial team. It will be predominantly client facing with the primary function to help us grow our business by identifying, qualifying and closing new sales opportunities and also helping us expand our existing client relationships. Our current clients span from the world’s leading corporate and investment banks, asset managers, hedge funds to other financial service providers. The role will offer direct exposure to risk executives globally and provide a chance to help some of the most important financial institutions in the world solve complex problems.
Whilst being a part of our commercial team, the role will also serve as a crucial bridge to our quant/ research team by helping them place existing products, such as our suite of behavioral and risk rating analytics, into the market. The role will also be instrumental in driving and shaping new product development by working closely with and soliciting feedback from market practitioners and exploring ways our data can help them more effectively manage credit risk and capital.
This is an ideal role for an experienced technical sales professional with a background in banking, capital markets, credit risk management and/or consulting. The candidate should have a strong quantitative background coupled with good commercial acumen, business development skills and a proven record in helping clients solve complex problems.
The role will be based in New York, with hybrid working and will involve some travel.
Your responsibilities will include:
Serving as primary technical / quantitative commercial team member for client interactions, meetings, calls, etc. which involve a more technical audience (i.e. quants, credit risk modelers, portfolio analysts, credit traders, etc) or use cases such as using CB data to model portfolios, inform structured credit transactions, PD/ LGD calibration / benchmarking, model validation, impairment benchmarking (IFRS 9 / CECL), etc.
- Developing a quantitative understanding of how the CB data behaves and cultivating a deep knowledge and expertise of Credit Benchmark’s full suite of analytical tools and products.
- Performing data analysis and technical due diligence on various client types ahead of meetings to support our sales team.
- Acquiring a full understanding of client workflows and data architecture to shape the appropriate solutions/ applications for CB data.
- Working closely with clients to implement and embed specific technical applications of CB data into their workflows using CB Web App, CB API, CB Excel add-in, Bloomberg, or other delivery applications.
- Keeping abreast of regulatory / economic developments affecting our clients, especially financial institutions, and utilizing CB data and products to help address new challenges.
- Gathering feedback and intelligence from customers and prospects to further shape CB product development.
- Travelling domestically and internationally, as required, to meet organizational demands.
What we are looking for
Ideally you will have:
- Ideally at least +5 years of proven experience and successful track record in a mixture of the following in a quantitative/ technical capacity:
- technical sales, sales engineering
- credit risk management at a major financial institution or regulator
- model development / validation
- structured credit, CVA / XVA
- consulting (with a focus on financial institutions)
- A solid understanding of financial markets; strong knowledge of all aspects of credit risk management; deep understanding of credit risk modelling and understanding of probability of default and loss given default models as well as their role in bank risk management; experience working at a top tier financial institution and/or in a financial risk advisory / consulting role
- A solid understanding of the regulatory/ accounting landscape affecting our clients (Basel IV, IFRS 9 / CECL, Solvency II, etc.)
- A bachelor’s degree (Masters preferred) with a substantial component in statistics
- Proficiency in using Excel, Bloomberg, SQL and a statistical programming language such as R or Python for data analysis.
- Excellent networking and presentations skills (both written and spoken)
- A proactive attitude, with an ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Collaborative and consultative approach
- Fluency in other foreign languages (additional benefit)
- Currently/valid eligibility to work in the U.S.
The base salary range for this role is $140K – $160K dependent on skillset and experience.
- Flexible working hours: Healthy work/life balance
- Vacation: Competitive holiday package
- Health and Wellbeing: Private medical, dental and vision cover, paid sick and bereavement leave + paid additional company-wide wellbeing days
- 401(K): Opportunity to join company 401(K) scheme
- Travel: Commuter Benefits
- Family Friendly: Supportive environment and paid leave for new parents
- Learning and Development: Professional development opportunities through seminars, conferences, training and courses and internal mentorship
- Community: Supportive, collaborative and social team environment
Our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
At Credit Benchmark, we are deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. This means celebrating who we are as individuals and as a team because our company and culture reflect the sum of our employees.
We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment that includes fairness, kindness, and understanding. We empower each other to bring our authentic selves to work and champion our colleagues’ development and achievements. Our diversity brings a multitude of perspectives and ideas and is imperative to the success of our business.
We are dedicated to ensuring that principles of diversity, equity and inclusion are rooted in Credit Benchmark’s DNA. We continue to build on these principles as our company grows while retaining the progress we have made as team.
Credit Benchmark is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We believe no one should be at a professional disadvantage because of their background. We do not discriminate based upon any legally protected characteristic and are committed to fostering a working culture that is free of discrimination and harassment.
Credit Benchmark is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures and employment.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please let us know.
Although we would like to respond to all applicants, we are only able to contact successful candidates.