Who we are
Credit Benchmark is a financial data analytics company that has partnered with the world’s leading financial institutions to create the largest and most sophisticated contributed credit risk data platform in the market.
Our goal is to help a broad set of market participants leverage our unparalleled and unique dataset and analytics to manage their counterparty risk and capital more effectively and efficiently.
We are growing rapidly and are looking to hire an experienced Account Director (AD) to join our New York Office. This role is based in our New York office, with hybrid working.
The AD will be a member of the Banking Team and report directly to the COO and Head of Risk. The AD will help to identify functional areas within our partner banks where we can expand and further embed our credit risk data and analytical tools. The AD will also help to identify and prospect new banks to join the Credit Benchmark platform.
This is an ideal role for someone with several years of credit risk management experience at a major financial institution, who is commercially focused and seeking a new challenge in a fast paced and dynamic environment. The position is an excellent opportunity to remain closely tethered to capital markets and risk but approach it more from a consultative and creative angle to help our clients solve problems.
We offer an exciting, collaborative environment with opportunities for tremendous growth where opinions are sought and heard.
Your responsibilities will include
- Manage the overall, profitability, success, customer satisfaction and retention of strategic client relationships
- Build, expand, and manage critical relationships within the client at senior executive levels throughout the organization
- Prospecting for growth opportunities at existing banks within a broader risk function (1st, 2nd and 3rd lines of defense) but also in non-risk functions across North and Latin America
- Collaborating with various teams at Credit Benchmark to successfully execute strategic goals
- Negotiating commercial and contract terms
- Developing an understanding of the user landscape and articulating use cases across banks
- Scheduling and executing end user training for Credit Benchmark products and services
- Set usage targets and priorities to maximize growth of the number of Credit Benchmark users within key accounts and reach internal revenue targets
- Tracking product usage and implementing a strategy to increase product utilization and further embed content delivery
- Acting as the firm’s primary arbiter for all client related issues
- Building key / senior relationships across the client base
What we are looking for:
Ideally you will
- Have a minimum of three years of experience in a credit risk management role at a major financial institution
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance economics or related (CFA and/or Master degree preferrable)
- Have thorough knowledge of stages of the credit cycle and regulatory issues facing banks
- Have a solid understanding of probability of default model development, calibration, validation, and monitoring (desirable)
- Be as strong team player with a consultative approach to help drive revenue growth, close new deals, and originating opportunities for new solutions based on client needs
- Have a broad understanding of capital markets across the buy and sell sides and ability to develop knowledge across areas including securities lending, capital risk, sales & trading and debt capital markets.
- Possess strong client management skills incorporating a customer-centric attitude, and excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Have the strong motivation and flexibility required to function in a start-up environment
- Have a self-starter, proactive approach, with an ability to work under pressure and deliver to deadlines
- Be eligible to work in the U.S.
- Base Salary $120,000 – $130,000 per annuam (dependent on skillset and experience)
- Discretionary compensation package
- Hybrid and flexible working hours: Healthy work/life balance
- Holidays: Competitive holiday package + companywide wellbeing days
- Health and Wellbeing: Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance cover, paid sick and bereavement leave
- 401(K) Plan: Opportunity to join company 401(K) plan with financial education and support
- Travel: Commuter Benefits
- Family Friendly: Supportive environment and paid leave for new parents
- Learning and Development: Professional development opportunities through seminars, conferences, training and courses and internal mentorship
- Community: Supportive, collaborative, and social team environment
Our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion:
At Credit Benchmark, we are deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. This means celebrating who we are as individuals and as a team because our company and culture reflect the sum of our employees.
We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment that includes fairness, kindness, and understanding. We empower each other to bring our authentic selves to work and champion our colleagues’ development and achievements. Our diversity brings a multitude of perspectives and ideas and is imperative to the success of our business.
We are dedicated to ensuring that principles of diversity, equity and inclusion are rooted in Credit Benchmark’s DNA. We continue to build on these principles as our company grows while retaining the progress we have made as team.
Credit Benchmark is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We believe no one should be at a professional disadvantage because of their background. We do not discriminate based upon any legally protected characteristic and are committed to fostering a working culture that is free of discrimination and harassment.
Credit Benchmark is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures and employment.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please let us know by contacting our HR team at [email protected]
Although we would like to respond to all applicants, we are only able to contact successful candidates.